Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Funk.....

I'm in a funk and have been for several weeks now. I couldn't figure out why and today it hit me (and I can't believe that it didn't dawn on me before that this is what is wrong with me), but Sat. will be 8 years since my Daddy died. The "anniversary" has never really bothered me because I think of him and miss him EVERY SINGLE DAY. But for some reason, I think I am taking it especially hard this year. We are going to Weatherford this weekend for a baby shower that I am helping to throw for one of my best friends from high school. It is going to do my heart good to be around all of them on Saturday. They knew and loved Daddy and for some reason it is comforting to be around that. People always say that it gets easier and I don't buy that for a second. There is nothing "easy" about not having my Daddy here to see his grandchildren, to ask advice from, to laugh with, to get a hug from. There is nothing "easy" about seeing that your mom is a completely different person than she was before. There is nothing "easy" about thinking of him several times a day and missing him so much that you can't catch your breath sometimes. It has gotten "better" because I can get through the days without sobbing, but it is most definitely NOT easy. Daddy, I love you and miss you and think of you every day and I so wish that I could have a big ole "Charley Hug" right about now!!! I am so thankful that I haven't forgotten the sound of your voice, the joy of your belly laugh, the crinkles around your eyes when you smiled, your jet black hair or your yucky feet!! What I wouldn't give to rub lotion all over them now or to "help out an old Vietnam War Vet-ron" and pull off your stinky boots!! Hugs and kisses......smooch,smooch,smooch and grunt,grunt,grunt!!!!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel your pain! Hugs!

Crystal said...

I have so many fun memories of your dad when we were growing up!! I know you still hurt every day and will always miss him - I just wish I could do something to make it easier for you guys. Love ya!!!

Alisha said...

Hi there. I am so sorry about your dad. It is pain I don't ever want to feel. :(

I am commenting on your blog because you are a follower of the "For Tuesday" blog. Jess and the rest of the family have been having a rough time (understandably) since Tuesday's passing, and I have thought of a great idea to lift her spirits. :)

It is a secret from the Whitt's, so everyone involved has to keep it a secret as well.

For more information, go to the secret location. :) :

http://www.apocketfullofheaven.com/